Thursday, April 11, 2013

North Korea

I simply don't know what to believe anymore.  It's like I've been desensitized to the point of indifference about most world events. The news is alarming, but I think it is also so hyped that we can't get the true picture of what is going on. 

I have a friend who is a Korea expert and he has said in the past that North Korea likes to "posture" and play its game of to and fro.  I sent him an email and asked what's really going on, but if the threat is real, he'll be up to his ears in crisis and certainly does not have time to answer me right now.  

In the meantime, should we, in California, get ready for a nuclear attack?  And how does one do that?  It just seems to me that the world has gone off the deep end.  And now I sound just like my mother :(. 

UPDATE:  Just got this note from my Korean expert friend: 
"Most of this is political theater for internal purposes and I expect it to subside in the coming weeks, probably capped off by a missile launch or maybe even two. But no war--the North Koreans are not suicidal. Besides they do not --I repeat, they do not--come remotely close to being able to reach the US with one of their missiles."


No comments:

Post a Comment