Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Time Well Spent



At this age, every day is a new adventure, never knowing which bone will ache or what new symptom will occur. I've learned not to procrastinate.  If there is something I want to do, I do it NOW.  If there is a chore that needs to be done, it comes AFTER I do what I want to do.

 Life is way too short to spend it on chores and most of us have given too many hours to them over the years.  In my case, it's easy to decide what to do with my time because there is no one else living in my space whose need must be accommodated. There is a certain joy in knowing that every minute of time is my own to do with as I please.

The downside, of course, is that I don't always have someone to share the experiences with. And aging alone has its problematic side - but that is a whole other issue.  Your view on living alone may be very different if you never have. Do you consider it a good thing or would you dread the possibility?  


2 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie, I've enjoyed reading your blog entries and agree with many of your views. I retired recently from teaching and I'm trying to live life to the fullest. I've been married for 30 years to a very loving and understanding man who "gets" me and my need to do my own thing. We each make the best of whatever our situation happens to be. Peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are enjoying my blog!! Keep me posted on what exciting things you are doing in retirement!

      Delete