Friday, May 24, 2013

Has My Time Passed? Or Is It My Lost Patience?


I like to learn new ways of doing things.  I seek out classes and videos and webinars to help me learn.  As a former teacher, I understand what good teaching is and I am disappointed more often than not with the classes and lectures I find. 



Here's an example.  I want to lean more about promoting my Etsy shop for my art.  I signed up for a class that was supposed to do this.  What I got was a very young social marketing fellow who has no idea how to teach or even where to start in the teaching process and it was just so much blah....blah....blah.  He jumped from topic to topic with no cohesion between subjects. I already get that I must "drive traffic" to my shop, but how to do that was a jumble of jargon and gobbledy-gook, not a well-thought out, step-by-step presentation.  

Just because there is a venue for getting the word out there does not mean every Tom, Dick and Harry is going to use it effectively. When I find the right presenter, I'll be in heaven. Or maybe I won't because the marketplace is geared to a youth population that already "gets" all the internet jargon.  Sigh...............has my time passed???


No comments:

Post a Comment