Saturday, May 4, 2013

Reality Check

 I read in a book recently that history is that which is agreed to by consent. It strikes me as both right and wrong, all at the same time, because the idea appears to negate that there is any reality other than perception.

I don't know if that is true but it sure makes me wonder what really happened in the past. Did events occur as I was taught?   Or were they simply a precarious conclusion based on the reporter's viewpoint? Until there is backward time travel, will we ever know?   Do we even know if our personal memories detail the real events or does our personal overlay cloud the truth, making it into something more tolerable?

My mother always told me I saw things that were not there, came to conclusions that were not real, remembered things that had not occurred.  Who's to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment