Friday, May 31, 2013

My Funny Spare Tire


Here is a funny story that says something about forgetfulness or playfulness or who knows what.

I love whimsical art and so I made a crocheted wheel cover for the spare tire that sits on the back of my SUV.  People laugh when they see it, so I figure my mission is accomplished.  One day, shortly after finishing the project, I decided that my car just had to get to the car wash.  So off I went to the unmanned car wash near the grocery store. There was no line, which delighted me, and I happily went through the 7 minute wash - I got the works - extra clear coat and all that stuff. 

As I was driving through the big blow dryer, I glanced in the rear view mirror and realized I had not taken the newly crocheted cover off the spare tire.  Knowing that it was probably sopping wet, I just drove on home, laughing all the way.  What did the folks driving behind me think when they saw this sagging mass of yarn dripping all over the road?  

When I got home and looked at it, it was hilarious - it reminded me of those days at the beach with young children when the bottom of their swim suits get filled with water and sand and just drag around.  I kept laughing as I removed the sopping mess and put it in the clothes dryer.  I was lucky - it came right back to shape after it dried.  

I had a good laugh at myself  that day .  Do you get to laugh at yourself on occasion.  It's good for the soul!


No comments:

Post a Comment