Friday, June 7, 2013

Square Pegs in Round Holes


It just doesn't pay to be a square peg in a round hole.  The world is made for the mainstream, ordinary, and usual.  It is not set up for anyone who veers off the main course, even slightly.  It makes life tough for those who want things just a bit different.

For example, I don't like my garden trimmed with electric hedgers - makes everything look too formal. And since I like a more natural look, I pay extra for it. 

I don't like being forced to travel with a roommate.  But if I don't, I pay a lot extra for it.  When I make changes to my home, I like to have it my way - not the contractor's easiest way.  I pay extra for it.

When I have someone clean my home, I don't want toxic products used.  I pay extra for it.  If I have a medical need that Medicare or my health plan doesn't think I should have, I pay extra for it.

It would be better if I was a "yes" person - yes sir, whatever you say, sir. I'll take it any way I can get it, sir. OK, deliver it YOUR way, sir.

But square pegs don't go in round holes, no matter how hard they try.  Which are you??   


No comments:

Post a Comment