Friday, July 5, 2013

Lackluster

 
In my last entry, I wrote about my favorite word, heft.  That got me to thinking about my LEAST favorite word and I have decided that it is lackluster.  

I can tolerate just about anything in a personality except lack of it.  To me, a person with no oomph or passion, no flare or "zazzle," has nothing to capture my attention.  There is a sheen that envelops us, as though oil was dripped onto us to bring out our luster, and if we don't let that sheen emanate outward to the world, we cannot be very much fun to be around.

I want to be around a person who sends a vibe that says "Listen to me.  I have something important/funny/insightful/yearning to say."  You don't have to be loud or pushy about it.  In fact, some of the most interesting people I know have the least to say.  But when they say something, everyone listens. 

I want to see things from your viewpoint.  I won't always agree and, sometimes, you will make me downright uncomfortable or even stressed being around you. But I'll never accuse you of being lackluster.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment